Best Thermal Paste for CPU and GPU
When you have a new processor plan on using improved gaming, modelling, or standard work, you also want the best thermal paste so that the CPU can stay nice and cool.
Why bother with thermal paste?
While it may seem like an additional step, the application of thermal paste is one of the most important processes when you are going to install or upgrade your processor. The paste acts as a heat sink because the processors have a tendency to be very hot while running the calculations that are necessary for you to use your computer. When you place the heatsink on top of the processor, there are gaps between the two components that can cause your computer to dissipate this heat and much less efficiently.
The paste propagates heat evenly so that it can be properly managed by the heat sink. This means that the CPU runs cooler at a more normal operating temperature, which will increase the service life of the CPU.
We have enlisted 10 of the Best CPU thermal paste options in the market today so that you can experience first-class heat diffusion and refrigeration.
The Best Thermal Paste 2018
1. Arctic Silver 5 AS5-3,5 G Thermal Paste
For years, the Arctic Silver has been considered one of the best thermal compounds in the market and for good reason. In the first place, this product really makes use of a high percentage of silver in its formulation, In fact, it consists of approximately 99.9% pure silver, which means that the thermal transfer rates of a CPU overclocking is very high. This recent formulation of the Arctic Silver product is designed to be used in modern processors, even when you are planning for the overclock.
Surprisingly, this product is capable of a thermal conductivity of 8.9 W/mK, which means that the CPU will run very well, even under load. While many products of the type use silicone, Arctic 5 does not use any type of substance. Instead, this product has a triple viscosity phase that is designed to more than completely fill the spaces between the processor and the heat sink.
- Arctic 5 has been designed to be stable under all circumstances. Just do not bleed, separate, or migrate during the life of your CPU.
- The triple of the phase of the viscosity of the compound thickens with time in order to increase the coherence of the CPU to the heat sink of the connection.
- This product uses three different types of silver from the particle in order to offer a complete thermal transfer.
- It is recommended that you give the paste up to 200 hours of rest.
2) Protronix Series 7 Silver Heat Paste High-Performance Compound Heat Sink
When you want to be sure that you will have enough thermal compound for more employment, getting a product like this, one with a larger syringe is a good option. In fact, this product can contain as much as 20 grams of the compound, which can certainly be useful when you are installing CPUs and GPUs. The company says that the large syringe is large enough so that you will be able to apply the compound in more than 50 large processors.
When it comes to heat conductivity, the Protonix 7 Series is able to provide a 3.17 W / mK performance level. The long-term operation of the temperature is also quite extensive; In fact, Protonix has manufactured this product to be functional at a temperature of 22 to 464 degrees Fahrenheit.
While thermal conductivity is one of the key statistics of these products, it is important that you also find a product that has low to zero electrical conductivity. Fortunately, this Series of 7 composite heat sink is 100% non-conductive of electricity.
- You get a large syringe containing 20 grams of heat sink composed for a very reasonable price.
- This product has a good thermal conductivity that helps keep the CPU surface nice and cool.
- The syringe is very easy to use; The plunger does not take much force to distribute the compound.
- The cap on the tip is not a big deal, and it does not have any corrections, in order to keep it hidden out of the reach of children.
3) Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Grease Paste
For an industry that has many stalwarts who have a large share of the thermal paste market, Thermal Grizzly is a relative newcomer. Having said that, this thermal compound has become one of the most popular new pastes on the market due to the fact that it is a high-quality product. The Kryonaut is designed for users who plan their processors for a push overclocking, so you can definitely expect this product to be strong enough for cooling.
In fact, this is a product that does not cure, is designed to have a good amount of durability on large time scales, and has zero electrical conductivity. Why is it so ideal for community overclocking? Thus, its thermal conductivity is very high at 12.5 W / mK.
- This thermal compound has really shaken the industry and is becoming one of the market leaders.
- If you are going to overclock, simply, you will not have a negative experience with this compound.
- This Kryonaut product is designed for durability and lastingness; you should be able to use it for years.
- The packaging is a little thin, and it is made of a plastic material; While this is not important, some may be bewildered by the changeup.
4) StarTech.com 1.5 g Thermal Metal Oxide CPU Composite Paste
Sometimes, you do not need a huge, 20-gram syringe of gelid thermal paste, so when a little touch is going to do for what you need, consider this 1.5-gram metal oxide-based of thermal compound can certainly handle smaller projects. This StarTech.com compound is very friendly and has a very good amount of thermal conductivity (1.93 W / mK). In fact, with it, you will be able to install six CPU or so.
With this product, there is absolutely no curing time, which means that you can place it directly on the processor, install the heat sink, and use your computer immediately. This thermal paste-based metal is designed for stable overall performance but does not completely block out the electrical current, even though the electrical conductivity is at a very low level.
Like most thermal-style syringe pastes, you can simply close the product back between uses, and the plunger is fairly easy to press during use. While this is not a good product for overclocking, like some of the other products in the guide, it is an easy-to-use, inexpensive pasta tool that will help provide a constant cooling situation for your computer.
- This is very easy to apply the product that works well when you need a quick thermal management solution for your computer.
- StarTech.com uses metal oxide in the composition of this compound, which means that the thermal propagation is very efficient.
- This provides more than enough compound to be used by up to six processor installs.
- If you are going to need a lot of heat conductivity, then this is not the product for you.
5) Halnziye HY710 10g Silver Thermal Paste
This product, which comes from Halnziye, is another thermal compound that is useful for situations in which several processors are going to be installed on several computers. It comes with 10 grams of the compound, which you should easily see through more than 20 installs. One of the characteristics that make this thermal compound shine is its applicator; While some compounds require a credit card or straight edge, Halnziye has actually provided a flat applicator, so that you can spread the compound easily.
This product has a good level of thermal conductivity; You can expect a level performance of 3.17 W / mK, which means it’s not bad for overclocking. This compound is also designed to provide long-term stability for your machine is rated to operate for a long time through temperatures ranging from 22 to 464 degrees Fahrenheit. Unlike the previous articles in this guide, this product comes in a small cylindrical container instead of a syringe, which can make it very easy to apply.
- The applicator that makes it very easy to apply the compound to the surface of your processor or heat sink.
- This product is designed to promote stability and provide a balance, heat extending the surface for your system.
- Since Halnziye uses silver for the formulation of this paste, which is non-toxic and odourless while providing stable performance.
- Since it does not come in a syringe, it can be difficult to get some of the compounds from the corners when the container is low.
6.Thermaltake TG-7 Extreme CPU Performance GPU Heat Sink Thermal Cooling Dough
The Thermaltake TG-7 has a unique attribute: it contains diamond powder, which greatly increases the total thermal conductivity of the products, so it is excellent for overclocking. This is undoubtedly a premium plus the thermal paste; It has a 3.3 W / mK of conductivity, comes with an applicator that makes the paste well distributed in the CPU easy as well as a well-designed syringe that makes the application simple.
The TG-7 paste is also quite unique, as it also comes with a warranty. Also, as a result of its unique diamond formula, this product has a longer lifespan than many of the thermal, compounds out there. Thermaltake provides about four grams of this compound in a syringe, which can easily provide a sufficient amount of solution for at least 10 of the applications.
- If you are going to overclock, this compound is designed to provide excellent heat conductivity so that your equipment stays cool.
- The includes stabilizer is a good extra that can be done to apply the compound of the CPU or the GPU of a real children’s game.
- This solution is designed to last in time and under strenuous conditions of the CPU conditions.
- Despite the fact that this is designed for overclocking, it is not perfect. Some of the powerful processors that can cause them to degrade quickly.
7. ARCTIC MX-4 Thermal Compound Paste
Another excellent overclocking of the thermal paste, the Arctic MX-4 provides 8.5 W / mK of thermal conductivity, so that you can run your CPU or GPU at optimal speeds without causing overheating. In addition to this, it is actually composed of carbon micro-particles that actually work evenly to dissipate the heat generated by today’s harvest from the top-of-the-line processors. Like most of the thermal paste in the products, the MX-4 comes in a syringe that makes the application relatively easy.
While it does not include an applicator, this compound is fairly easy to spread on the surface of the CPU. Also, they do not conduct electricity, so you can be assured that there will be no sparks or short circuits to worry about during installation. When it comes to lastingness, the MX-4 is designed for durability and long use; In fact, the Arctic has formulated to last at least eight years.
- MX-4 reaches its high level of heat conductivity without any metal components; In fact, since they do not include all metals, it is a very efficient way to keep your CPU nice and cool.
- Since the manufacturers have designed this with a duration of eight years, it is quite easy to maintain.
- This product provides a very impressive 8.5 W / mK, which is surprising for the price.
1. The tip of the syringe can cause the hard compound to extrude towards the CPU.
8. YEECHUN Thermal Paste
One of the reasons why this product’s thermal paste shines is that it comes in a handy pack of 10. While the thermal conductivity is definitely effective, it is the fact that you get 10 1.5 grams of syringes, which make this the option for anyone who is going to be improving several CPUs in a small amount of time. Yeechun is not one of the most well-known manufacturers of thermal paste in the world, but it will certainly put a quality product that is ideal for a large number of installations.
This thermal paste is composed of polysynthetic silver, from which it is certainly good to really get a good level of heat that extends over the surface of the CPU. Using this product, you simply need to uncover the tip and apply pressure on the plunger. The distribution is quite uniform, and it is easy to get a good distribution of the size of a pea of applications in your processor.
- If you are installing more than one CPU, this package of 10 has enough material for 10.5 grams of paste.
- At 3W / mK, this product also has a decent level of heat conductivity, so that the processor stays cool.
- With its design syringe, it is quite easy to apply the thermal paste quickly to the needs of the surfaces.
- At 1.5 grams per syringe, you will not get a lot of applications before moving on to the next one.
Buy for $7.99@ Amazon.com
9. Cooler Master High-Performance Thermal Paste
This product, by Cooler Master, is another high thermal conductivity of the paste that will do a great job when used in an overclocking system. In fact, it’s thermal conductivity stands at 8W / mK, which means you’ll get a good amount of thermal diffusion, which can come in handy at higher temperatures. This is a silicon-based thermal compound that uses the heat conductor of the metal oxides in order to provide its high thermal conductivity.
This product comes packed in a syringe that has quite easy to press the plunger, and when you have finished applying, you can replace the red cap on the tip. The product is designed to last for a long period of time so that you can keep your CPU or GPU cool for years. This product also includes Socket Zif Templates that make the application easier by providing the correct area of numerous CPU shapes and socket types.
- This is very easy to use the product that even comes with templates so that you can request the material evenly.
- The applicator is very easy to press, which means that the production of a pea or rice-sized amount is very easy.
- It has a great thermal conductivity of 8W / mK.
- For some reason, this product has a tendency to be a bit nasal when applied.
10. ARCTIC MX-2 Thermal Compound Paste
If you do not plan to do a lot of overclocking, but I would like a good thermal compound that can accommodate this type of mod, then this may be a good product for you. The Arctic MX-2 thermal composite is designed for versatility; It is very effective since it has a 5.6 W / mK of thermal conductivity. This means that the heat propagates in a very even and efficient rate so that the surface of the CPU cools effectively.
The compound itself is based on carbon and has zero electrical conductivity, which means that you can apply this compound without having to worry about short circuits or electric shocks. To the extent that consistency, this product spreads very easily and is not drip-free at all, and like the MX-4, it is guaranteed to last at least eight years of use.
- With its consistency, this product is very easy to apply directly to the CPU or the GPU.
- The thermal conductivity of 5.6 W / mK is set at a good value for overclocking and general use.
- This is a metal-free thermal compound that uses carbon micro-particles to provide adequate cooling.
- If you’re going to do a lot of overclocking, you’d be better served to go with the MX-4.
Hope we helped you to find a thermal paste that fits your need and budget. So what you are waiting for just open Amazon and bring it home to make your PC components pleasant and fresh.
Also Read: Top 10 Softwares To Make A Pendrive Bootable